We would be delighted if you could join us for our AGM and Community Meeting. It will be your opportunity to get up-to-date on HHA activities, hear Presentations, meet our many guests, enjoy a BBQ lunch, and even see a movie. Everyone is welcome.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of July 16th, 2016
- Financial Statements and Appointment of Auditor
- Committees and President’s Reports
- Election of 2017 – 2018 Directors (see below for Nominating Report)
- Other Business and Adjournment
- 2018 Election, Voters’ List, Township of Georgian Bay – Jessica Gunby, Clerk (A)
- Guardian of the Bay – Bob Duncanson, Executive Director, GBA
UP - DATES
- Georgian Bay Association, Georgian Bay Land Trust,
- Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve, Georgian Bay Forever,
- Eastern Georgian Bay Stewardship Council, others
- Township of Georgian Bay, District of Muskoka, Province of Ontario
DIRECTORS’ BBQ – COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS – ALL WELCOME
SHOWING of Striking Balance – TVO series exploring the Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve
Honey Harbour Association
Nominating Report July 2017
Al Will Recording Secretary
Based on our by-law, Director appointments are intended to be for a three-year commitment with a maximum of three, three-year terms before a Director is required to retire from the board for at least one year. From a governance standpoint the intention is to allow for the continuity and corporate memory any organization requires while still ensuring a healthy turnover on the board, and the introduction of new people with fresh ideas, skills and diverse backgrounds. Of course, for any number reasons any individual Director may not be able to complete a three year term while others will be able to remain for multiple terms.
Directors retiring this July include; Tom Twigge, Larry Enfield, Alan Waffle and Kathy Kay (who resigned in the fall of 2016.)
Returning Directors not requiring election this year are: Michael Dymond, Jennifer Roy, and India Stone, who are entering the third year of their current term, and Anne Marie Grigaitis, Glenn Purcell, Murray Rideout, Diane Ross-Langley, and Imre Zalan, for their second year.
Returning directors requiring election this year, as they are at the end of their current three year term, are: Kathryn Davis, Tim Pawlowski, and Peter Koetsier.
The Board of Directors of the Honey Harbour Association is recommending the slate of candidates listed below for election to its Board for terms starting the summer of 2017. Please read their biographies to become familiar with these prospective Board members. We believe this slate brings broad range of experience, knowledge, talents and professional skills to the Board along with a strong desire to serve the Honey Harbour community through the Honey Harbor Association.
- Cottager in South Bay, Honey Harbour for 24 years
- Joined the HHA Board in 2013
- Took a year off in 2016
- Currently spend Spring, Summer, Fall and part of the winter enjoying the area
- Business Manager of US and European Companies operating in Canada
- Currently President and CEO Espera/ Cooper Canada
- Managing director of Niverplast NA Inc.
- Would like to encourage more Association members to participate in the process ofHHA initiatives and development
"Bill has a great track record in recruiting new members, getting sponsorships from local businesses, helping to fund raise for the BOOM sailing program & day camp, and is our king of hospitality for Association events. " Welcome back Bill. Al Will
- Georgian Bay is family. It is a place where extended family and friends spend time together – Grands, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It is a place to be protected, enjoyed and shared.
- I have been coming here for more than 42 years – but - I am a “married to Georgian Bay” cottager. I am one of the spouses who never have enough experience to drive the boat or know where the best picnic spots are. Some of us will never be true “Georgian Bayer’s” in someone’s mind.
- I have worked extensively both in the corporate and volunteer sectors. Prior to retiring, I was a Financial Planner specializing in employment retirement programs. Throughout my career, I have always been involved in the volunteer work. Most recently, I have been on the Board of Directors and President of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Barrie and District. I am also involved with Georgian Bay Hospital, and the Midland Golf and Country Club.
- As a member of the Honey Harbour Board of Directors, I am interested in the preserving this space for all – now and in the future. My areas of particular interest include - environment, water quality and the various Georgian Bay Associations
"Sue has been very active with the association working behind the scenes for a number of years giving leadership to the Nominating Committee. We look forward to your skills and passion by joining us on the Board" Al Will
Our family grew up cottaging in Waubaushene and we made the leap to Honey Harbour about fifteen years ago. My husband Neil Davidson and I share our home with a new and energetic yellow lab puppy (Lexie) and a rather unimpressed elder orange cat (Ginger). We live in the west end of Toronto in Etobicoke and trek up highway 400 regularly to visit my parents Helen and George Will and extended family in the Midland area.
Last year we donated our sailboat Moderation for the “Introduction to Sailing Day” and as staff accommodation for the BOOM Sailing Program. Look for her dark green hull on the water or moored at the cottage and give us a wave! In my teenage years I was a Counsellor for a variety of YMCA camps and a Synchronized Swimmer. Synchro has come back into my life as an Ontario Judge and I recently dived back in the water on a Master’s team. We are much more relaxed as adult athletes and look forward to our weekly round of “water therapy”.
Professionally, I work in Aerospace and have an MBA from McMaster and a B.Sc. from Western. I’d like to become your new Treasurer and help expand the winter patrol program. Many properties are boat-to access only and the peace of mind offered by such a program is important for those of us who go six months between closing and opening cottage visits.
"The Board was excited to hear the I recruited a new Director who has offered to stand for Treasurer. Heather (my niece) represents the next generation in our family to get involved in the Association". Al Will
- Born, raised, and currently lives in Vancouver
- Purchased cottage in North Bay in 2006, wife Beth is from Waterloo
- Graduated from UBC with Bachelor of Applied Science in 1978
- Worked for Water Management Branch of BC Ministry of Environment 1978 – 1986
- Work for private sector in land development since 1986
- Would like to work in support of the local community
- A life-long cottager in Honey Harbour, with family vacationing here over 100 years.
- Background in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry, small business management and recently working in corporate team building.
- Was president of the Junior Honey Harbour Association many years ago and would like to continue to give back to the community.
- Has worked on the Honey Harbour Association Board for the past 3 years on the Phragmites Student Ambassador Program, commonly known as “The Phrag Busters”.
- Honey Harbour four season cottager since 1996.
- Insurance Business professional.
- Director of Honey Harbour Community Church Inc.
- Chair of Building Committee and Operating Committee.
- Key long term issues are water quality and water levels.
- Objective as a board member is to assist with the replacement of the deck and docks of the Schoolhouse for the enjoyment of all HHA members.
- Cottager in Honey Harbour since the 60’s
- Family association with and supporter of HHA and HHCCI since the 70’s
- 5 years on HHA board, 4 as President
- Treasurer of Georgian Bay Land Trust
- Executive committee member of Georgian Bay Association
- Director of Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve
- Treasurer of Talk Is Free Theatre
- Member of Township of Georgian Bay Committee of Adjustment
- Co-Chair of Honey Harbour Save Our Schools committee
- Vice-President, Administration of a Barrie manufacturer past 28 years
- Desire to support and protect Honey Harbour and Georgian Bay for future generations
According to our By-Laws the Membership elects the Members to the Board of Directors. Subsequently the Board appoints the Executive.
For your information, the following Directors and Proposed Directors have agreed to let their name stand for the following positions:
- President Peter Koetsier
- Vice President Tim Pawlowski
- Treasurer Heather Will
Non-director volunteer positions for the coming year:
- GBA rep Alan Waffle
- Hoots Editor Kathy Kay
- Secretary – Legal Larry Enfield
- Recording Secretary Al Will